Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A long time coming... (a.k.a This clock is always ready to party!)

So I can't remember where the idea came from, but it must have been several years ago because I've been thinking about it for quite some time now.

When I came across a very standard wall clock (it was going to be thrown away) a few weeks ago I knew I was finally going to check this craft off my mental list.  Ok, so maybe it's more of a revamp than a craft but eh...semantics, right?

In my typical fashion, I managed to forget to take a "before" picture of the clock...I think I just get too excited.

But it was your typical black and white classic-style, battery-operated wall clock, similar to this one:

All in all, the project was super simple.

I took the clock apart carefully.

Spray painted the dial and frame. (Chrome spray paint gets used on practically every project in this house)





Added die cut numbers (all 5's).  I used these Crayola repositionable vinyl letters...however if you are too impatient to let the paint dry fully before applying, they are not repositionable at all. Hah!

Once everything was nice and dry I reassembled and set the proper time on the clock.

And there it is, my party clock!



I eyeballed all the placing of the 5's so some are a little bit off-kilter...but hey! So am I, right?

LOVE IT!

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere!

Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment